We have an immediate opening for an experienced Excavation Estimator with our Excavation team in the Chicago-land Area.
- This candidate must be able to handle multiple projects from inception to completion displaying control over costs and profitability.
- Job reviews will be conducted weekly making sure the bid is compliant with the expected estimate provided.
- Experience in Building excavation & site work (includes curb in gutter, building excavations, permeable pavers/pavement, basements, Mass Excavation, etc.) is expected.
Daily Duties include:
- Assist in reviewing qualified bids.
- Download and review plans, specifications and environmental reports.
- Prepare estimates and proposals, and negotiate contracts.
- Perform quality takeoffs with costing in mind.
- Solicit pricing from subcontractors and material suppliers.
- Interact with GC’s/Owners during the bidding process.
- Attend meetings, field coordination, etc.
- Prepare and submit change order requests
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience in excavation bidding.
- Experience bidding/managing excavation projects.
- Road and Sewer Estimating Experience would be a plus.